Get All Right
Smile for me Jamaica! An island situated in the Caribbean Sea, with a lush topography of mountains, rain forests and reef-lined beaches. One of the most famous beaches in the world, is the 7 mile beach. Jamaica is also well known for the Dunn’s River waterfall. The fastest man in the world, comes from Jamaica. However, Jamaica is most famed for the iconic, Bob Marley, whose music reach every corner in the world.
Jamaica Travel Tips: Top things to do
- Sunbathe on Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay
- Climb Dunn’s River Falls and frolic in its refreshing pools
- Hike the Blue Mountains or Cockpit Country to discover historic plantations
- Take a lazy bamboo raft down the Rio Grande
- Pay homage to the master of reggae at the Bob Marley Museum
- Enjoy the laid back nightlife along Negril’s seven-mile beachfront
- Visit the oldest Anglican church outside the UK at Spanish Town
Loaded with lively, iconic beaches, awash with waterfalls, and populated by Rastafarians and reggae-loving locals, Jamaica is one of the hottest Caribbean destinations for both travelers and cruise ships. The birthplace of Bob Marley, Usain Bolt and Rihanna, many are drawn to the home of these international talents to see what all the fuss is about.
Montego Bay is the main city, close to miles of resort lined beaches in Negril. East is Ocho Rios; both of which are very popular vacation destinations. Enjoying the beaches and water sports are the main pastimes, with Doctors Cave in ‘MoBay’ being the most famous. The striking interior of lush mountains and historic plantations is another draw, as is shopping for handicrafts, Jamaican rum and duty-free souvenirs.
Most people visit in the winter when the weather is agreeable and there are no hurricanes. At this time, booking hotels at least three months in advance is a must. There are no visas to worry about for the majority of Westerners and the island is served from most major airports across North America.
- Dunn’s River Falls
- Rose Hall, Montego Bay
- Dolphin Cove Jamaica
- Bob Marley Museum
- Rainforest Bobsled Jamaica at Mystic Mountain
- Hip Strip
- Green Grotto Caves
- Cool Blue Hole
Notable Holidays and Festivals
- Ash Wednesday February 14th
- Good Friday – last Friday in March
- Easter Day – Sunday in Easter weekend
- Easter Monday – first Monday in April
- Labour Day – May 23rd
- Emancipation Day – August 1st
- Independence Day – August 6th
- National Heroes’ Day – Third Monday in October